Update; I had to postpone the class last year as a bison hunt came available and I did that instead. I just completed the level 1 class at the nra Whittington center and had a great time and learned a lot. I was comfortable shooting to 600 yards and had hunting experience to 585 prior to class. I left class comfortably and consistently shooting 1200 yards. No I will not take shots at that distance at game as I quickly learned that variables change quickly that will affect results at that distance and I have a lot to practice in reading wind and affect of changing weather. The class was 3 days with day 1 being classroom and range time days 2 and 3. There are 3 levels of this course then masters classes if someone really wanted to do extreme long range. The same instructor does all of the classes and was very helpful and able to adjust to skill level of all shooters in the class of 10. The range goes to 2 miles and is the location of the king of 2 miles event. We were limited to 1200 yards but day 3 were able to stretch to the other targets if able. The goal ( expectation) was to maintain 1 moa at all targets engaged and for me 1200 yards was my limit. Getting lucky and lobbying a round at at the Target was not satisfactory you had to have 3 consecutive hits within the 1 moa expectation to move on. Range went from 100 yards on out. Overall I enjoyed the class and learned how to use my equipment as well as learned the limitations of myself and my equipment ie a light weight hunting rifle is not an ideal long range tool.