Originally Posted by Rossimp
All this data, while contributing, does not negate real world physics and the fact that most if not all African PHs suggest that a bullet of sufficient weight having SD above .310 and a magical speed of 2,150 fps will dispatch most anything on earth. Bottom line is that with no undue pressure the 416 Taylor without breaking a sweat will hurl a 450 gr Woodleigh bullet with SD .371 at 2,200 fps . The 416 Taylor is more than capable of stopping any bull elephant, just like all the rest, only a matter of preference for the 416 shooter.

Hear, hear!

My Taylor is my favorite .416, my .416 Howell is probably the rifle with the most sentiment since it is the first .416 Howell, and my .416 Remington is my most generic in a Model 70. They all perform pretty much the same. I'm sure the Rigby I'm building will be in the same ball park as the others.

I'm curious about all the expert opinions and their experience with any .416, other than what they've read in books and magazines. Sounds like nothing more than a bunch of hypothesizing.

bobmn, I'll see if I can glue a strain gauge over the chamber of my Taylor in a week or two and see just what I get.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~