I did a fair amount of work developing loads for my Ruger in 416 Taylor a few years ago and had a lot of fun in the process. I did tear the recoil lug area out of a Ruger laminated stock and knock some glass loose in a very well known scope. The only data that I had to reference was Mr Wooters article. I was using a Piezo Pressures program and had my barrel set up for that. I couldn't get velocities any where near his reported velocities with safe pressure levels while using IMR-4320. That is when I found out that loose primer pockets and sticky bolts indicate way too much pressure. If you are thinking about that powder, work up to the velocity you want with caution. There are many more acceptable powders now. My rifle loved 350 grain bullets and was very comfortable with 400 grain bullets at 2150. I think 2350 was about as fast as I was able to get a 400 grain bullet to go from my rifle. Another thing that hit hard with me while doing this development was the great disparity in pressures when just changing bullets. I know it is common knowledge now but back then, not so much. That a gun with that level of power was capable of shooting 1 to 1.5 inch groups at 100 was very satisfying. All shooting was from a bench rest and recoil was brisk but very easy to live with. It was very much like my 375 H&H. One gun writer called it a great lady's elephant rifle. Probably right. Biggest thing I ever shot was a tree.