Originally Posted by ammoman16
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
you gotta love somebody who asks a question, gets solid answers from many different people who have been there/done that and then says "I don't care what you say I'm doing whatever I wanted to anyway."

If the OP wants to buy a new rifle, then go for it. I've never tried to talk anyone out of buying more guns, but don't go pretending you need one to kill a moose.

In defense of the OP people are answering questions that weren't asked. He's trying to decide between a .300 Win or RUM and people are suggesting other cartridges, rain gear, packs, boots and whatever else they feel like without knowing anything at all about what he already has. I'd dismiss people's opinions too if I asked for a or b and kept getting c for a response.

DING DING DING! This guy gets it. Thank you kind sir. Funny how these threads turn into a “I know more than you” kind of thing. I was literally chuckling in my tree stand this morning reading the responses, saying to myself, “did these guys even read my original post?”

Trust me, I’m good in gear guys... just wanted opinions on the 2 calibers.

I’m a little baffled that some people told me to take my 6.5 CM for perhaps a once in a lifetime hunt. Not that it won’t work but really? Gotta love the Campfire