"The Remington factory stuff, with any weight bullet, was always relatively slow, but very accurate."

Yeah, Remington screwed the pooch on the .35 Whelen, loading them up to make their pump and semi-auto guns happy. mad Seems they did that same bad deed on the .280 Remington as well. frown Somebody in their top offices has their head up their rectal orifice. What were they thinking?

Anyway the first serious load I worked up for my .35 Whelen turned out to be 60.4 gr. of Rl 15 and the 225 gr. Barnes TSX. Recoil is reasonable and accuracy runs from .50" to .80" depending on how well I'm shooting on any particular day. The load was worked up in my custom Mauser with 24" barrel. Pressure signs seem mild in that rifle. However, the load is too hot for my Remington M700 Classic. I haven't shot it in the Ruger 77 as it shows signs of possible headspace problems with the underloaded factory ammo. I haven't decided what to do with that rifle.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE