Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by jorgeI
They've sucked all the fun out of the armed forces...

What would they have done to Galland?

"On 15 April 1941, Galland took off with lobster and champagne to celebrate General Theo Osterkamp's birthday at Le Touquet, France. He made a detour with his wingman towards England, looking for RAF aircraft. Off the cliffs of Dover he spotted a group of Spitfires. Galland attacked and claimed two confirmed and one unconfirmed shot down. The actual result was the destruction of one Spitfire, the other two were damaged in force landings with both pilots wounded.[64] During the combat Galland's undercarriage had dropped causing one of the RAF pilots (Flight Lieutenant Paddy Finucane) to claim Galland's aircraft as destroyed, but Galland landed without incident at Le Touquet and presented Osterkamp with his gifts.[65][66]"

When I was the PCO undergoing training in San Diego, the family stayed home. I wasn't the first nor the last, at least back then, that had a jet waiting for me when we finished training to flyme back and the same on Sunday every other weekend.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”