Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Would appreciate a detailed critique of the Berger performance.

I think he is expecting performance like a plasma rifle in the 40KW range.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
I haven't had the best of experience with bergers but they've worked just as good as anything else I have tried lately. I have killed 3 elk with them in the last year and two ran 10-15 yards before tipping over, and the third stood there for several seconds before falling. No different than any more accepted bullet.

I did have some bad experiences with bergers when they first came out but I think they've either been changed (like the ballistic tip was changed), I got a bad lot at first or I just had really shïtty luck at first. Something.

I killed a bull on Wednesday at 600 yards with a 6.5mm 140 hunting berger and he didn't act any different than any elk I have thrown an AMAX, partition, accubond or hotcor through. He ran 10 or so yards and fell over. Last year's bull with the same everything acted the same way and a big cow last December is the one that stood still before falling over. Nothing mind blowing, but certainly not what I would call a failure. One thing's for sure, I have seen quicker kills with bergers than with any X bullet, though they work just fine too. Hell, I whacked a roosevelt bull this year at 238 yards with my .300 H&H and 200 grain original grand slam, and he acted like I hit him with a fly swatter. It took a second bullet into the neck to knock him down.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.