Originally Posted by JeffRaines
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Tikka makes a good rifle.

But they are pricing themselves out of their market.

At $400 they were a steal.

At$6-700?

I agree 100% and I’ve been a big proponent of the Tikkas. Currently own 3 of them. But they are IMO making the price too high. A SL SS Tikka at SW after Tax is over $800. At Cabelas they’re over $900. It’s a great rifle at $600-$650, but $800-$900 is too much. Even the ones at Whittaker after FFL /background check fees puts it just under $800. Can’t imagine they won’t see a reduction in sales this year with the price increase. Defendants of Tikkas will say we’ll what else would you buy that would compare? If I’m at $800-$900 for a Tikka I’m spending more and getting something else. If a guy wanted to put a Tikka in a Mc Edge now your into that Tikka for $1400 and you still have a plastic trigger guard, and mag. Just not seeing it.

This is one time I agree with Big Stick.

Tikka's aren't necessarily bad. At old Whittaker pricing, for the trigger, stock and the way they shoot you could overlook the mag length, action length, twist rate, etc.

Now they're approaching $800. If you're looking for a turn-key rifle you're in Browning territory. May not be a favorite here, but they're paying attention with the twist rates and mag lengths for around the same price. They also shoot. Kimber Hunter is in here too, and they aren't getting bad reviews either.

Want to save a hundred or so? Pick up a Bergara.

Put a couple hundred more with it... because honestly whats $200 more when you're at $800, now you can get a Montana, or a CA.

This is the second time I've recently read that Browning is changing the twist rate on certain rifles. I checked Browning's website and couldn't find evidence of this. What make/model of rifle are they changing. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.