Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
If you carry a hot gun, and if you use the safety ever- use the safety always. Do not have one set gunhandling for when it’s loaded, one for when it’s unloaded, and one set for when it’s stored.

For me/where I am- the trigger does not get pulled unless I’m aiming at target, and before my face breaks cheek-weld, the safety goes back on. If it can’t go back on, it is fixed, and then immediately the safety is applied.

Just because the military does something, does not mean it’s correct. Point in fact, the military breeds mediocrity. I question anything the military does, as it’s almost never done because that’s the best way.

Empty guns, clearing barrels, sometime use of the safety and sometimes not, and guys habitually dropping the hammer without wanting to fire (dry or live) are the greatest cause of ND’s in the military.

Lots of good in this post but I am going to snip to save some time.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
If you carry a hot gun, and if you use the safety ever- use the safety always. Do not have one set gunhandling for when it’s loaded, one for when it’s unloaded, and one set for when it’s stored.

Just this last week watched an experienced outfitter/guide muff a shot with a gun he knew was hot because he forgot to disengage the safety.

If you don't always engage the safety you will not always disengage the safety under stress.

When shooting sporting clays with friends is always worth a good laugh to engage the safety on a buddies shotty just for the Lulz.

Missed pair. grin

Of course he gets another pair as I am a dickhead and that is just a game.

Some trap guns dont even have safeties, and for good reason. You may think it's a game to fu ck with someones gun, but i feel that type of behavior is unsafe. How someone safely stores their firearm should be left up to that individual as well. What did you do with the real John Burns?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA