I knew a guy out here, back in the early 90's, I met at the rifle range. He was a nice guy and was working with his 30-06 Mod 700. He liked the way the 165 GK shot and he was getting great speed too. I told him I had used them on deer/hogs in Texas back when they were loaded in 30-06 by Federal ( Red Box). They worked swell on them. Well, he killed a spike elk, took three shots about 150yds and none exited. They ruined a lot of shoulder meat ( he hit no bones) He was kinda bummed. I told him if he like Sierras to go to either the 180 Pro Hunter flat base or even the 200 SBT for elk. I also used the Sierra 150 Pro Hunters in Federal ( Blue Box this time) 300WM for Hill Country deer. I wanted a "bomb", what I got was "Partition Performance"! No blood shot meat, massive lung damage and usually most of the insides "syphoned out" and hanging on the other side! I shot 4 (1 buck, 3 does) The buck I shot at the base of the neck. Exit, golf ball hole all the way through. All shots were under 100yds too. Sweet! Sure fooled me. My BIL always shoots the Sierra 150 BT in his .308 and gets a bit more meat damage, but still exits. These are all small deer, few hogs. The Pro Hunters have always shot well for me, any caliber I've tried them in. They can be as tough as Hornaday Interlocks in my experience.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 12/08/18.