I have had the 180 Sierra SBT fail to break a deers neck at 125 yds. from a 300 WM. Smaller deer but neck was rut swollen. If you read the Sierra copy info the Gameking which are usually boat tails are designed for longer ranges so intentionally softer, the Pro Hunters are designed with a double taper jacket and are usually "harder" bullets. The SBT hollow point game kings are usually tougher still. I think there is confusion on the use by hunters and a longer range bullet designed for the 30-06 should not be expected to perform well for the 300 WM at short range. Those that take almost exclusively behind the shoulder shots can expect them to perform well, the on the shoulder shooters might choose the HPBT pro hunter instead. The 120s have worked out this way in the 25-06 for me, I haven't tried the others yet.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli