Originally Posted by JMB Fan
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
IME the people who definitely don’t want lights and the people who definitely do want strobes are both the people who have never spent much time with bad guys in the dark.

I am happy to say that I haven’t spent ANY time in the dark with bad guys. For us less experienced, please expound on why you don’t like strobes.

Because they strobe on both ends. The Supreme Court has described situations like this as "tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving". There's nothing about a situation that's tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving that is made better with a light that's flickering on and off. In fact, in scary movies when they want to make everything worse, or in haunted houses when they want to make something moderately intense seem terrifying, they just add strobe lights.

When things are at the worst in the dark and you're having to make a decision to shoot someone or not what you need is to SEE and SEE everything you can as well as you can. Strobes don't help that at all.

In a word, I don't like strobes because they STROBE. Ask yourself, if you had to be stuck in a room with someone, decide if they were good or bad, and then make the hardest shot of your life--Would you rather have the lights off, on, or flickering?

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 12/12/18.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling