Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by JOG
I'd love to use a weapon light, but as a non-LEO the liability is too much of a concern - I don't get to point my gun at people and then say, "nevermind". As such, a good ol' handheld flashlight works just dandy.

You do realize that you can use the light to identify the target without actually pointing the gun at someone.....right?

Frankly, that's ridiculous. Right, I'll respond to a threat without actually pointing a flashlight at things that are in the dark.

Regardless, it still can be considered brandishing. As a non-LEO my handgun has to stay concealed until the situation warrants.

I think he's referring to the fact that with today's lights you can illuminate someone while pointing the light (and gun) at the ground in front of them. You can't see as well as if it's pointed at them, but it's better than a swift kick in the nuts. That way if you were to ND at something that wasn't dangerous at least you wouldn't murder them, which is something.

But if a brandishing charge is a concern, you could carry a handheld and WML. I do.

Use one for when you don't know what's dangerous and the other for when you do know what's dangerous.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling