My brother lives 2 1/2 hrs. from our deer lease and with his work, he doesn't get a lot of days to hunt. And, we all know that the weather doesn't always cooperate when you have a schedule like that. The buck in the 1 photo was showing up regularly before season opened, but the only time he had shown himself in daylight was opening morning of primitive season. But my brother didn't hunt primitive this year. He didn't have another daytime picture of the buck until this past Monday...but he was working. This evening he got in and went to pull his card from the camera and put out a little rice bran. When he got to his travel trailer and looked, this is what he found. Look at the time stamp of the one with the deer in it and then at the time on the one of just trees taken when he pulled the card. He has passed up numerous bucks waiting on this gentleman. If he hadn't had the camera, he would not have known he was in the woods and would have venison by now, probably a doe and would have let the young bucks walk. Hopefully he will be able to kill him the next couple of days. Showing up twice in daylight hours is a good sign. Looking at him, you can see he is a little gaunt from the rut and is interesting because of the long brow tines which I believe are going to be the longest tines the deer has. Long brow tines like that are very rare around here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like venison too much to wait all year on 1 buck that MIGHT come by while I'm hunting and MIGHT NOT come by when I am hunting...lol. This is one of the reasons I don't use game cameras.