[quote=Ruger77Shooter]

No one wants to go back to the old ways of hunting (and I know that some of you in certain states might still have to hunt the old fashioned way). And if you do, cherish it. Don't wish you were like other places unless having to feed deer just to be able to see some, because if you don't, your neighbor is (4-500 yds. away) going to feed and you won't see much without getting in on it. Plus, I really believe that some deer would starve to death because many places have too many deer and without the supplemental feed some would starve to death.

Ruger77Shooter, I fully agree with you and what you stated in the above paragraph is true of every lease I have been on in Texas. I think this is what many folks who live where there is ample public land do not understand. Granted, in Texas there are some huge ranches where the deer never leave the property, but I'm not wealthy enough to get on a lease like that. At one time I owned 65 acres and deer were seldom seen until I put up a couple of feeders and fed all year long.

Where you get to hunt usually determines how you get to hunt.

One question for you concerning the feeder in the first photo, how do you keep the raccoons out of the corn??

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)