Originally Posted by DouginLa
One question for you concerning the feeder in the first photo, how do you keep the raccoons out of the corn??

Not Ruger77Shooter, but I have tried everything, the shark teeth, motor cages, grease on the poles, and every other gizmo you can imagine. Finally came up with something that worked 100% of the time. Heck don't even get pics of coons like I used to. (up to 10 at a time).

Go to Lowes and buy a link of 3"dia. PVC THIN WALLED pipe, 10ft length. I used 4", but we used 3" on my buddy's and it worked great. Cut the pipe in 3 equal pieces. On one end of each 3ft joint drill a 3/8" hole about 1" from the end. Get a good piece of braided string like what is used for trot lines about 5' long, tie one end of the string to the 3/8" hole and run it thru the inside of the pipe. Now drill a small hole in the feeder legs, as high as possible, small enough a self tapping screw will just start, but will not screw all the way in. Slide the pipe over the leg of the feeder and secure the string to the screw in the leg. What you should end up with is a free floating pipe a coon cannot get ahold of. The coons will still come around and eat what is on the ground, but cannot climb the feeder. You will be amazed how much corn you will save.

Doug

[/quote]

Only way we've done it for years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....