Originally Posted by Pappy348
Don't feed the cut 'n paste monkey bot.

Took me all of two minutes to find where "his" post originated.

Ha, ! I cannot help it.

Regarding the chamber. In certain hi-end models of the 457 the literature claims the chambers are cut to CIP spec. I mean all CZ are cut to CIP spec. That is not the same as a chamber that only accepts certain ammo, pushed in by hand one at a time and engraving the bullet into the rifling. There are a variety of "match" chambers used in the industry. Because the customers may use Remington ammo or worse and return the gun if the junkola ammo does not feed, CZ held the chamber to CIP spec. So what did CZ do you ask? In certain models, they ground the chamber reamers to minimum of the CIP spec. The closest min they feel they can hold in there manufacturing facility. Any way it sounds good to me, but this chamber is not like an Olympic rifle. Over at Rim Fire Central there are a lot of enthusiastic fans of CZ eager to try these new guns out.

The bad news is CZ no longer manufactures the old classic Brno based rimfire rifles like the 452 and 453. Well everything changes and these 457 are modern rifles with short bolt throw and 60degree (or so) lift. Designed for modern manufacturing. One popular feature is convention push to fire safety. I prefer a old school safety on the bolt. Like the M70 but CZ was backwards. The 457 safety is on the sear not the firing pin (bolt). The barrel slips in place on 457 rifles. The 455 had the same slip fit barrel and when the occasional lemon come along the owner can replace the barrel. I prefer a quality product where the barrel is rigidly attached and does not need to be replaced. I will miss the old guns. The 550 center fire has also been replaced with a 557. The magnum length 550 is till produced. The std 550 is gone. The 527 remains for now. I got two because I suspect only a matter of time before that line get "improved".

One by one the set triggers are being phased out. That reminds me the 457 rimfire is advertised to have a much improved and fully adjustable trigger. Not everything new is worse. The trigger sounds good. This should put an end to the practice by some to make unsafe modifications to the 452,453,455 triggers.