Originally Posted by carney
I have been shooting my compound bow for 10 years and happy with it. Upgraded to nice drop away arrow rest a couple of years ago with tune up. Curious what significant improvements with today’s bows. Only thing I can think of that would interest me is lower sound level with same arrow speed. Interested in experiences of those who have experienced shooting different bows last 10 years.

I shoot a Mathews No-Cam. It is the quietest of any bow I have shot or been on the line with. I don't know how importantthat really is though, I also shoot an Excalibur Matrix 330 and that thing kills 4 deer every year and it's anything but quiet.

There really is not a lot speed or accuracy or noise left to wring out of compound bow any more. Crossbows can probably get a little more speed, but not enough to reall make a difference. Crossbows definitely can get a lot quieter, but the question becomes why and at what cost.

Absent any radical design changes that's what is probable. Until we can get a couple hundred FPS more speed it won't make a lot of difference.