Originally Posted by dale06
I’ve been bowhunting avidly (fanatically some would say) for 42 years. Not sure how many bows ive, owned, but not an excessive number. In recent years I have always had two bows, one is a back up when I go on hunting trips.
Frankly, I don’t think there have been great improvements the past ten years. They have been incremental and slowing. Some say shootability, smoothness, and other non measurable factors have improved. Maybe, maybe not. I believe that speed has come up 5-10% in the past ten years but mostly in the first part of those ten years.
I can afford any bow I want and could buy a new one or two every year, if I wanted. I’m shooting two 4-5 year bows. They were higher end bows when I bought them and have worked very well for me.
I don’t even look at new bows today. I hear a top end from one manufacturer is $15-1600. By the time the thing gets a rest, sights ets, it’s two grand. I could buy one easily, but it ain’t happening.
Kinda off target and rambling here a bit but, ..........

Could you imagine back in the early 1980's saying that there would be bows that cost upwards of $2k in 30 years? Could have won lots of money on that bet back then. I have seen hunting sights hanging on the wall at the local shop in excess of $300. Even crazier, they sell.

Last edited by centershot; 01/16/19.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope