I've bow hunted on and off since 1986

Range of Adjustment - you can easily find several bows now that will grow with your kids, matching their draw lengths and draw weights from youth into adulthood.

Parallel limbs - easier to press without special tools, can be "field" pressed if needed for repair.

Cam modules - changing the draw length without a major disassembly.

Bow Weight and materials - lighter stiff risers, non-laminated limbs, and less "stretch" in the string/cables over time.

JMHO...not all advances are on the bow...

Carbon arrows - I drove past the first place I saw and shot a carbon arrow. It was a solid carbon fiber shaft, with a 4 inch overdraw, and they had a reputation for exploding at random times on the shot.

The nock and the field points were glued over the end of the shaft, and the vanes were almost touching at the bases. I can't remember what the diameter was, but it was "tiny" compared to the aluminum of the day.

Arrows have come as far as the bows have.

What's next?

Affordability - the $1K and up bows are are going to have to come down, or the demand will need to increase - the demand signal isn't there from what I see.

With the decline in numbers of hunters afield, and the increase in cheap functional crossbows on the market, the bow market is going need to seek new ground.

Raw speed isn't the selling point it used to be, and lack of break-through design changes are having an impact on the major manufactures - IMHO.

It will interesting to see what the ATA has to release.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/07/19.