As noted, I think the only real upgrade has been in the noise/vibration areas. Until this fall, I've hunted with a couple of older Bowtechs (Experience/Invasion). Every year, I'd shoot the latest and greatest from Bowtech, Hoyt and Mathews and just couldn't pull the trigger....even with my mastery of rationalization). This fall, I added a Mathews Triax to the stable for stand/blind hunting. It shoots within a couple FPS of the Bowtechs (400g arrow at 395fps) but was quieter/shock free. Out to 40yds, I shoot it at least as well as the Bowtechs. However, beyond 40, I shoot the Bowtechs considerably better (I'm assuming its my form as I've seen some folks shoot it very well at long range). For my whitetail/boar hunting, it is great. However, I would leave it home on a western hunt where my shots have averaged nearly 50 yds over the years. The difference in technology the last 20 years has been amazing (I'm shooting 60lb bows faster than 70lb bows, and doing it quiter and shock free). My hunch is we're at or nearing the peak for the combination of speed, shock, noise and shootability. I hope I'm wrong.