Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The mountains are the "foothills" of the Appalachian mountains, on the very Southern end, NE AL. Certainly not "high" mountains, just rough, steep, with lots of twists and turns.

Sorry, I have no idea how to score one.

It's a bit early, they are just getting started in this location. There's a lot of variation in the Southeast, especially in areas where there's overlap of locations deer were originally stocked from. Nice in that if you hunt different areas you can find bucks breeding from mid/late-Nov through February.....down side is that rutting activity isn't as "intense" as you'd see in locations that have a well defined rut. Does may be bred all the way through February, even early March....but even in a drawn out rut, bucks are moving more than any other time.

I am looking forward to my upcoming hunt in the Greenville AL area starting on the 19th. Hoping for some colder weather to help kick in some day time buck movement. Been a warm season so far in AL. Not to mention wet the last month.

BM123, I'm hoping for a little colder weather as well. I hope you have a great hunt in Greenville. It certainly has been WET here.....I'm not sure if I drug the buck down the mountain or if he drug me...it was about a 50/50 on who was pulling who. I slipped on the wet leaves so much that I finally got my technique down so I could do it smoothly....kinda like sliding into second base. By the time I got to the bottom of the mountain I had so much mud on my left hip and pants leg it looked like I'd been used by an elephant for toilet paper.

Hey Clint, they aren't going wide open yet but have started. I'm lucky to get to hunt this area. It's a club where it's open game on anything legal and most of the members are just there to take whatever they see....and I'm ok with that. If everyone was on board and really controlled for age it could be something.