Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by kingston

I've got one of those with the same scope on it. It looks like you got yours CeraKoted?

That model came cerakoted from the factory. There were a couple of special run models, some 22" threaded cerakoted with either a black or green stock, some 24" non-threaded cerakoted with green stock, some 24" non-cerakoted and non-threaded with gray stock, maybe a couple more. I used it on both bucks pictured as well as the one below from GA. I carry a lot of rifles but that one's my favorite....it also seems to be the luckiest.

Originally Posted by saddlering
Great buck, where are you hunting to have the rut this time of the year? Texas?

Northeast AL. I'm really fortunate to hunt a place in GA with a mid/late Nov rut, my home/farm in AL with a mid/late Dec rut, and place west an hour west of my home that has a January rut.

Originally Posted by kingston

That's another beauty!

How many tags do you get down there?

3 buck tags in AL, pretty much unlimited doe tags. AL rifle season runs from mid-November through early February. I have one more buck in AL right now. It will need to be a solid older buck (or something that should be culled) before I'll shoot another.

I also hunt GA and it's 2 bucks...I think 12 does but I'd have to double check on that number. GA rifle season runs from mid-October to early January. The one below was taken during the area I hunt in GA's mid/late Nov rut this year.....lucky Fieldcraft again.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by gunnut308
Iā€™m gonna hide a GPS tracker in his boot heel. Another stud down šŸ‘

Make sure it's waterproof! Getting a lot of rain right now so the run-offs on the mountainside will be rolling today. May be getting this rare thing called snow!

Time to get going....today is going to be a still hunting day...raining, windy, and cold (at least for here). Tomorrow is going to be colder and less rain/snow so it may be a really good day.