Thanks guys. Been away hunting so I've gotten behind on the thread....

Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Great buck Jay! Hope you and your family are doing well.

I'm thinking of trying some of those 129 ABLR in my Creed. I've been using the 130gr VLD's in mine and they have worked great usually leaving an exit wound the size of a golf ball or a bit larger, until this year I had a couple bucks not die quickly the bullet wasn't expanding just penciling.

Love that rifle. I ended up buying a 21" Fieldcraft in 6mm Creed since I already have a custom 6.5 and a Ruger American Predator. I'm very impressed with the accuracy, it shoots the Precision Hunter 103gr ELD-X under 1/2" @ 200yds. I know you haven't had much luck with the ELD-X.

Hey Jeff, we're doing great. Kids are growing to fast and keeping us busy all the time. Hope you and your family are doing well. We gotta get together sometime. I saw the buck you nailed a little while back. NICE!

I'm liking the 129 ablr but I've only used it at 125 and less on 4 deer so far. If you'd like to try the 129's let me know and I'll send you a box or partial box of them so you can play with them.

I've got a 6 CM Seekins Havok that I've been shooting the 108 eldm facroty load in and it's so accurate it's scary. I think the 6 cm in the Fieldcraft will be a great combo. I picked up some 103 x's to reload in the brass.....may use them a bit on coyotes but it will be next year before I get to try them on deer.

Originally Posted by Dude270
Wonderful buck!

I had no idea they rutted that late down there.

I've never hunt deer in the deep south other than near Augusta, GA and they were rutting in mid to late November

It's a very late drawn out rut and varies across the state. A couple of years ago they extended the season from the end of January until about a week and a half into Feb because of how late the rut can be. I've seen bucks in March that still had their horns.

Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Very nice buck, Jay. Might have to try hunting down there someday

Hey Jason, good to see you posting. Let me know when you're going to take a trip down to hunt!