Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Good deal Boarmaster123, especially on the older buck. Glad you enjoyed your time in 'bama!

It's a drawn out rut in our area because of the poor buck/doe ratio. Not as intense as it should be and a lot longer than it should be. Colder days do make things get kicking a bit.

I've seen several younger bucks over the past couple of weeks but nothing I wanted to take. I'll hunt the evenings of the 9th and 10th of this week then it's over....and I'm glad. I've been going since mid-October in GA and I'm beat down.

Thats about the same on our lease. We likely need to take about twice as many does as we do. For about five days it was crazy then shut down. I would see a few small bucks a day and no does. I left Sunday but the guys still up there started reported seeing more does Saturday evening thru today. But no bigger bucks. I hated to come home but after 16 days I needed to get back. Honestly I could stay in Alabama from Nov thru Feb 10th if I could.
One things for sure there you want to be weatherproof head to toe and equipment as well. Its something to see water pour thru them drains like rivers. But man what a mess I got to clean up.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.