I have not been on here for a while but I use to be Gramps2 and had to update my profile. BUYER BEWARE especially if your thinking about buying a new Kimber 84L Montana. My advice would be DO NOT. I have two older 84 Montana's that have been super, but it looks like Kimber's are more expensive, and quality has gone down the crapper. The day started off OK with a call from my local FFL telling me that my rifle had come in. When I looked in the box, the stock was not the dark green I had ordered. After a few minutes, I said, awe hell it's green enough, and it's a 280 AI. Took it home put it on the kitchen table and finished a plumbing project. Opened the box for a further inspection, and something did not look right with the trigger guard. I took it outside, and the trigger guard was damn near white. Tapped on it with a finger nail and it seemed to be plastic. By this time I had worked up a good MAD. Called Kimber and got a nice lady who said, they are all that way. (she was the first of their defense) I said, I have two 84's in my safe and they are STAINLESS STEEL. Asked to talk to her boss (defensive line 2). He sounded like he had just finished boot camp, and took offense in my term, plastic, insisting that it was aluminum and much better than stainless steel, which I guess is the company go to answer. I said if it is better than stainless I will take it off, and you can send me a stainless tg, and I will send your wonder tg back to you. His reply was we don't have a stainless steel tg. Let me talk to your superior, enter the (third line of their defense) a (believe it or not) guy named RAY JUNK. I told him his last name fit what they now call a trigger guard. He seems like an ok guy, and I said I am not trying to be difficult, all I want is a stainless steel trigger guard, there are not any was his reply, but to placate me he would make some calls, and get back with me in thirty minutes. Calls, and they have now been sold or destroyed, none in all of Kimber world. I informed him that I have 2 Kimber 45's and now 3 Kimber rifles, a $6,000 (plus or minus) investment in Kimber. I asked to talk to his superior and he said, I'am it. Would not give me a name or number to call. At this point I have had enough, and we close on words I have not used in a long time. I now have the name of Leslie Edelman their as of 2016 CEO also Gregory Grogan their COO. I ain't letting this bone loose. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE, IN THINKING THEY ARE WHAT THEY USE TO BE. I CERTAINLY BELIEVE THAT I WAS LIED TO BY ALL . I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING KIMBER MAKES!!!! WHEN ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A STAINLESS STEEL TRIGGER GUARD. NOT VERY SMART OF A COMPANY TO LOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVER SOMETHING AS CHEAP AS A STAINLESS TRIGGER GUARD. JOIN THOSE LIKE MYSELF AND REFUSE TO GET SCREWED. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THOSE LIKE MYSELF, WHO SAY "I WILL NEVER BUY A KIMBER"

Last edited by Gramps2; 01/07/19. Reason: addpic