This is why I pretty well build what I want, or have it built by someone reputable. The only new rifles I've bought in the last 5 years have been couple of Remington ADL Synthetics, one in .243 and the other a .308. I lost the .308 in a divorce but still have the .243. An ADL doesn't cost $1,000.00 and the base barreled action is pretty sound. I hear a lot of bitching about Remingtons these days, but they mostly don't cost $1,000.00 and with a little TLC you can make 'em shoot damn good. And about every time I've pulled their triggers they go boom and the deer dies. For under $400.00 you can't beat that with a stick. Most everything else I've got was built for me to my specifications. I did pay $1,000.00 for most of those and they do go boom when I pull the trigger and the deer dies. Kimber won't be getting any of my money. Not because of an aluminum trigger guard. I have a Ruger 77 and an old push feed model 70 that both have aluminum trigger guards and they shoot just fine. It's just that I'm retired and though I could afford it I don't want to spend $1,000 on a rifle. I did at one time have a desire to own a Kimber in .270 Winchester, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money right now. Maybe I'll change my mind, who knows?

Last edited by Filaman; 02/12/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!