Originally Posted by AB2506
[quote=battue]I've never had or seen an all-day, .5inch, if I do my part Kimber. Even one with a stainless steel trigger. Yet it is common here with other manufacturers. For the price they charge???? Then they have the nerve to go aluminum on the trigger guard. With a proclaimed LW rifle to boot.

Originally Posted by battue
Do you know the bolt handle on a Kimber screws off. Should tell you how serious of a rifle it is.

(Sorry, I saw this after I posted.
Originally Posted by battue
(I wasn't serious, should have added on a rolled eye smiley. Addition: According to some here a 1.5inch Tikka was never allowed out the door. Seriously.)[quote/]

Many rifles have bolts that are attached in various fashions; screw in, screwed on, welded etc. The Kimber bolt doesn't fall off like some, and there is a cottage industry of persons who machine lighter titanium bolt handles for the Kimbers.

As for an "all day 0.5 inch rifle", why would you expect a lightweight rifle with a pencil thin barrel be such. It is not intended to be a target rifle. DUH!

However, if you want a production good looking, good fitting rifle that is light weight for all day hunting while on the move, and puts the first 2-3 shots where they should be, then there is no finer rifle made in the USA. (I reserve judgement on the Fieldcraft because they have not made their way north of the border yet.)