Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by jwp475

Not a 4X16, rather a 3X15 the price is under 800 and you won’t find a better scope fir 2000

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes

jwp,

That’s a strong statement, and I suppose we’d need to define “better”. I’m neither anti-Tract, nor a Tract fanboy, so I approach the brand more inquisitively than anything. In my opinion “better” means mechanical function and reliability first and foremost, with optical performance rating somewhere in the Top 5 of important attributes. I think it has been established here on 24HCF that the Toric has superb glass for the price. What remains a question mark in my mind is the mechanical function, robustness, and durability of the scope. Buying one and testing it thoroughly would help, but still would only speak to (1) sample of one model of Toric. I’m not even sure if they ship to Canada grin I know of a couple guys on here that have a sizeable round count, hard use, and a lot of dialing on their Toric, but again, the sample size of those reports remains too small to make any generalized determination about the scope lineup.

How much dialing, carrying time/rough use, and what approximate round count do you have on your scope? What rifle is it mounted on? Thanks for the additional info.

Everything that I’ve experienced with my 3X15X50 Toric has been positive. I bought mine in 2018 mounted it and zeroed it in. Adjustments were precise and accurate and the glass is abosolutely outstanding. I have seen nothing to negative about the scope. No I don’t have an endurance test to prove it but I’d not hesitate to buy another one. It worked perfectly for me this hunting season.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first