Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Canazes9
1st, you probably won't want all of your rifles set up to dial. You've spent your entire hunting career without doing this, you don't need to convert everything in one season. You need to work on getting one rifle set up properly and getting some significant trigger time. Worry about the rest later.

2nd, your dislike for reticles other than the traditional duplex has got you prejudiced against a good mil/moa reticle before you even start. Go try and make some wind calls w/ your duplex and see if your opinion changes (it might not, but you don't know yet).

If you are bound and determined to spend some money on a scope, buy a SWFA SS 10x mil/mil for $300. Mount it on a rifle and compare shooting at range w/ your Zeiss. That will give you a MUCH better idea what you really want/need. The optics on the SWFA probably aren't what u want, but it will track/hold zero/RTZ and you can experience a mil reticle witha scope that will track accurately. If you decide you have no use for the SWFA after shooting for a while you should be able to unload it for no more than $100 loss, a cheap education.

David

David,the only reason I suggested the 6x over the 10X is that I figured that if he could see that he could hit stuff without the higher magnification,then the 6X would be a better hunting scope. I do think the 10X would make a better target scope,if only learning longer range shooting.

Just my thoughts for the OP.

I really like my 6x, but I do not believe that he would be disappointed with the 10x. It has better long-range capabilities and has served me well at pretty close range. Either is fantastic, but 10x is not too much for hunting. I have two on rifles, with one sitting in the box and I am trying to decide if I want to change it out and sell the 6. No bad choice there. Then, there is my Athlon MIdas Tac. I dialed it up this afternoon and smucked a late-season doe antelope at 400.

Last edited by sbhooper; 01/10/19.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.