Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I have a set of the modified Talley's on a 7-08 and they work great. I've come to wonder why though, that folks dont' mount directly to the dovetail? It's a much better situation IMHO.

[Linked Image]

If the Sportsmatch made a low 1" made of steel, I'd give them a try. Not a fan of alloy or aluminum alloy rings. Not saying they wont work, just prefer all steel

Thanks to BSA for posting pics of the dual dovetails

No problem my friend. I like the looks of the DD's on the Tikka. Not a damn thing wrong with mounting them to the receiver with screws either. We've been doing that for decades and it's never been a problem. What it boils down to is personal preference and options. All of these options are good. With a little more digging, I saw Leupold also makes the PRW mounts for the Tikka T3 as well now. They are a little lower than the DD base and use a weaver style ring. Options my friend, it's good to have them... Here's some more info:

Tikka scope mounts

Like 338rcm told me in a PM, Leupold now makes the DD's for Tikka. Good on them. There are also Talley steel mounts you can buy and burris makes a ring that mounts directly to the dovetail that looks great to me. Check them out in this link^^^^ Also, if you like the looks of the DD's and want an extended/reversible front base, you can buy these:

Tikka DD bases with reversible front base

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA