Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Hey 338rcm. I actually liked your DD idea. That's how you think outside the box and add insight to a thread like this. Mucho thanks buddy:

[Linked Image]

I went with a Zeiss 3-9x42 with RZ6 reticle, I had laying around. This sob feels nice and light, and well balanced. I'm eager to shoot it in the "moa all day long" challenge here tomorrow. I'm not expecting stellar results, as the barrel is not even broke in yet and I don't have a load worked up, but I'll post results. Good bad or ugly. It's a great reference and accuracy will only improve after those first groups are shot....

"Load work up"

"Barrel break in"

Must be a Tikka virgin. Bore sight and fire 3 factory rounds. Dollar to a donut they're under an inch.

I don't shoot factory ammo, unless I'm forced to...
This is the load I'm going to be running:
[Linked Image]

I'll start load work for this rifle tomorrow. Hopefully landing on the same accuracy node as the above load. That always makes things simpler... wink . I've also had Tikka's before, they are not the end all be all of accuracy.. We'll see how she does though...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA