Well, Stick, this old Vari-X III 4.5-14 was on my 270 for about 20 years and never gave me a problem. It hung in there for at least 150 deer and never failed or drifted. This is a set&forget type scope, so tracking and repeating have never been asked of it. A couple of years ago I replaced it with a more modern version of the same scope and sent this one off to Leupold for the VH reticle. They did as I asked and also replaced the ‘guts’ with new stuff. I had it on my 223 for a time, then moved it to the Tikka T1X. For the 22, I really like the fine crosshairs and that it will go to 25 yards on the parallax. And the new VX3 4.5-14 hasn’t failed either, but i’ll keep an eye on it, just in case.

I have had two Leupold scopes need work over the many years. A VX2 6-18 had to go back for work, and I had a lens (something glass) come loose in a very old M8 6X. I bought it used in the middle to late 70’s, and the glass came loose in about 2016 or so. Leupold didn’t fix it, but just sent me a brand new one. I have no problem with Leupold (or Vortex or Burris).