Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by jwp475

No I chronographed recent manufactured, Winchester, Speer, Fiochii, Federal. Actual chronographed these loads.

Recent manufactured Buffalo Bore and Underwood equaled the old Remington loads at 1400 FPS.

I understand your take, because that’s what SAAMI claims but I know because I’m old enough to know that today’s SAAMI me,be5 Ammo is not loaded to the same higher velocity as the older stuff since the switch to PSI. Denton’s conversion works reasonable well it shows 40,000 CUP to be closer to 43,500 PSI.

I am 66 and have been reloading for over 40 years. Not that means anything. look at a lot of others.

I’m talking factory loads not hand loads. I’ve got yo7 by a couple of years.

Incidentally the same happened with the 357 mag.

I know what you are talking about. Which load gave 1180 and 1240 FPS? Do you remember?

I don’t remember the velocity for each, my notes only indicate, some brand or brands were 1180 and some hit 1240 FPS. the early 70’s Remington JHP got 1400 FPS.

You are old enough to remember the ear splitting sound of those early loads in 357 mag

I have a 1969 reloading Manuel that show 23 grains of 2400 behind a warp grain bullet in 44 mag.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first