Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by jwp475

That’s a typo should be 240 grain. Those keys do both letters and numbers and I didn’t proof read.

Again I do not remember which brands did the 1180 and which brands that did 1240. No load that I chronographed in my M29 went below 1180 and none went above 1280. As I remember it was one or the other speed. It was 2008 when I did this

Just buy some recent manufactured 44 mag of manufacturers that are SAAMI members and chronograph them yourself, you should get similar numbers that I got.

I’ve still got a few of the 70s Remington 240 JHP loads that I can chronograph again if needed

What barrel length is that M29? 4, 6, 6.5, 8.375 inch. Maybe a 3 inch?

I have answered this already, when you asked earlier, why do yo7 ask th3 same question over that has already been answered?
I’ll answer it one last time all loads were chronographed in a 6” model 29.

You just stated the barrel length. Not the gun. Then you menrioned the M29. How did I know the 6 inch wasnt a custom etc.?
Did any other ammo give you velocities that were in the ballpark you play in?

The newly manufactured Ammo of Winchester, fiochii, Federal, Speer was from 1180 to 1240 FPS, depending on brand in my m29. The early 70s Remington 240 JHP went 1400 FPS.

I know that when I shot IHMSA guys shooting Federal factory Ammo was hotter than my reloads with 22 grains of 2400.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first