Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
No, we spent a great deal of bandwidth "discussing" whether the .44 Magnum's SAAMI specifications changed over the years. This is one citation claiming it has. Nothing more, nothing less. As far as Brian Pearce's due diligence is concerned, I can't help you. I do know he is serious about what he does and careful about what he publishes. You might want to take it up with him.

Just sharing what I found...

Is he posting on this forum?
Just wondering where he got his information.
You as a known person in the shooting industry should have no problem solving this.
Did he list his sources?
It would have been a great informational thing if he did.
May be he will join the forum and expound on this subject.
Maybe he could explain the velocity losses people claim in just losing 8 percent pressure.

I am just wondering because I am curious.

No, Brian does not post on this forum. And threads like this make it painfully obvious why he has and continues to avoid such interaction.

But if you have any real questions for Brian, go ahead and post a letter here, along with an actual return address. I will print your letter to paper and drop it in the mail to Brian. He can decide if you are worthy of sending an answer to. But I will not divulge Brian's address.

I couldnt care less. He isnt interested in posting resources if he were he would have. If he had pressure tested some of the vintage ammo he would have posted it. It would have made the article more interesting plus more insightful.
Elmer Keith never hid direct access to himself. Even his phone number. Of course he wasnt as popular as some of the writers are today. That was a joke in case someone doesnt know.
Now what else is there to post about?
Oh yes, his information sources. Divulging those would not have put a strain on him and his privacy.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.