Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I was just hoping someone was just going to post a good load for joint use between Ruger Blackhawk Revolver and Marlin carbine that would not be a wrist nor stock breaker but would put down a black bear or muslim if need be. I'd think that could be a happening if guys like Big Jim or Flave ran this place and keep doofus da he11 out o here.

Jus say', W. Bill

Not a problem.

The handgun is usually not the issue, it is finding a nice tight shooting load for the Marlin that often takes a little bit more homework. But it is not all that hard, and I will give you the "cheat Codes" as the gamers say these days.

The majority of the Marlins that I have personally used ( I currently only have my 16" Trapper .44) have been pretty finicky about cast lead loads, however they do like jacketed. If you stick with a 240 grain Hornady XTP and 22 grains of H110 you will be completely good to go. That will take care of your needs in the handloads department.

Speer makes a 270 grain Gold Dot soft point that shoots well out of Marlins, if you want factory ammo.

I have not had great luck with heavy bullets, both in feeding and accuracy. I "can" make loads but they end up being levergun specific and I don't load that way, so I just stick with the 240 grain loads and am very satisfied.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com