Originally Posted by Buzz412
I don't understand why there are any creedmoor rounds at all when there are better cartridges going/long been "obsolete"...regardlesss the 6 and 6.5 are both great.

Poor, harried, Mule Deer has been over and over this, without much success; the Luddites are nothing if not dedicated.

Lots of old stuff is, indeed wonderful, but often requires custom guns or barrels to bring their goodness out. The new rounds are ready to go, off the shelf, with decent to really great guns and ammo only a click or two away. Why that makes some folks crazy is a mystery, especially when you factor in all the fuss made about the shortcomings of the factory versions of the older ones, I give you the .260 as the prime example. Once a round gets off the ground "crooked", it's tough to put that genie back in the bottle because of all the stuff made to the original specs. Embrace the good stuff, or ignore it and soldier on with what you have. Last time I checked, there were no jack-booted thugs going door-to-door conficsating, .260s, Swedes, Rigbys, or .243s.

What fresh Hell is this?