The laws of physics give no extra ability to a cartridge because of a catchy name. The name Creedmoor is used as a sales pitch. The same as business uses catchy names to sell all types of products. The 6.5 CM is a decent cartridge but not magical. When compared to the 260 Rem. the CM holds about 1.5grs less powder. Therefore when both cartridges are loaded to the same PSI the 260 is ballisticly superior. I have heard some say it is more accurate. Another fallacy. Accuracy depends on many points. Quality of the barrel & action. Ability of the gun smith putting all together. . Have you noticed how accuracy of factory mass produced rifles has improved over the years. I have seen it improve significantly since the 1960's. CNC machinery producing closer tolerances. Improved metallurgy. These improvements are what contribute to accuracy not a name. My self & a friend both have Savage model 16's in 260 Rem. With the same bullet ,powder & loaded OAL they both will almost shoot one hole groups.