Originally Posted by mathman
One advantage for Joe Average is he'll be burning 10 to 15 grains less powder per shot, with the attendant reduction in recoil/blast. So Joe may find more practice more fun.

From what I've observed a lot of people are over gunned and under practiced.

Absolutely agree. I have been working the local range during sight in days since 1994. I have observer two to three hundred shooters each season. The majority are challenged to shoot a decent group at 100yds off a solid rest. Two big problems. Triggers are jerked instead of squeezing because of fear of recoil . Those who shoot the 30-06 with 180gr bullets & calibers on up are the worst. Not to say every one but with out a doubt most. Ask some one to shoot accurately at 100yds off hand & they walk away, let alone a make shift rest in the field. It's been my observation over the years that most of the game I have taken & seen taken has been under 200yds. The 6.5 CM is a useful cartridge , but the 260 Rem & 6.5x55 that proceeded it are just as good & have slightly higher velocity when loaded to the same pressure. It blows me away at the number of hunters that have not even touched their rifles since the last season ended. The name CM is ignored by physics. CM is used to sell a product. It accomplishes nothing more .