Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Had a Walmart special, SS in a nice checkered birch stock with a rubber buttpad. Nice little gun for $230.

I was wondering if anybody else remembered the Walmart special 10/22. I still have one. I picked up mine used. I like the long, stainless barrel--I think it's 22" but I might be wrong. The stock is pretty cool.

The might be the K10/22-22, featuring a birch deluxe sporter style stock, silver receiver, and 22" stainless sporter contour barrel? Wal-Mart has reordered that configuration multiple times. I bought one in 2008 at the W-M in Council Bluffs, IA, and used the receiver as the donor for a build. I bought a used one in 12/18 that I restocked with an American style stock with the length and comb height modules. I like the balance of the longer barrel and the higher comb make it come quicker to the eye when shooting a scope than the typical low comb carbine stocks. At my age and with my eyesight, open sights are as useless as any useless thing that I can think of. If you wanted to install a longer barrel on a 10/22. S and P outfitters has the 20" and 22" stainless sporter contour barrels, along with several others, for sale on their site, www.sapoutfitters.com .