Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Had a Walmart special, SS in a nice checkered birch stock with a rubber buttpad. Nice little gun for $230.

I was wondering if anybody else remembered the Walmart special 10/22. I still have one. I picked up mine used. I like the long, stainless barrel--I think it's 22" but I might be wrong. The stock is pretty cool.

The might be the K10/22-22, featuring a birch deluxe sporter style stock, silver receiver, and 22" stainless sporter contour barrel? Wal-Mart has reordered that configuration multiple times. I bought one in 2008 at the W-M in Council Bluffs, IA, and used the receiver as the donor for a build. I bought a used one in 12/18 that I restocked with an American style stock with the length and comb height modules. I like the balance of the longer barrel and the higher comb make it come quicker to the eye when shooting a scope than the typical low comb carbine stocks. At my age and with my eyesight, open sights are as useless as any useless thing that I can think of. If you wanted to install a longer barrel on a 10/22. S and P outfitters has the 20" and 22" stainless sporter contour barrels, along with several others, for sale on their site, www.sapoutfitters.com .

This is the Walmart Exclusive special run of the Ruger 10-22 I was referencing in my above post: [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My Father and I bought these two models back when Walmart had them in stock. I had the half stocked model, and eventually traded it away for something else. My father kept his rifle, and many years later it came to me for safeguarding after he passed away. His was the Mannlicher stocked rifle you posted. It was finally passed on to his Grandson this past Christmas......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~