Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Brad I hunt a place on the Rocky Mountain Front with Griz. I guess I have gotten lucky they have never messed with my camp. But I also don't eat there or leave food there. I have been thinking about getting one of those electric fences. I think the fence would be good for wolves too, piece of mind while sleeping. My buddy and I were packing out his elk last season and there were a pack very close to use, though we never did see them. Lucky for me I do most of my hunting here in the Bitterroot so haven't had to deal with Griz yet. Though I know it won't be long before they are here too. Thanks for the response.

The front is loaded with bear. It's time for the control to get shifted to the state for sure. A guy that worked for me is from the front. He got charged 3 or 4 years ago by a boar, and had to put it down.

Another friend used to guide in the Hellroaring area North of Yellowstone used electric fence around the camp because of bears. Course, they were horsepacking.

Like you I keep a clean camp, but I know a curious bear can still wreak havoc on a camp. Regardless, I've never lost an elk to a bear, or any other predator.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery