I might have found my huckleberry in a day hunting pack/hauler. Past couple seasons I’ve burned a few packs that either didn’t stabilize a load well enough or lacked bag capacity for the must have items I carry hunting off grid.

It’s a lot to ask of a hybrid pack to handle a heavy load out of some difficult terrain, where a stand alone, well built freighter is preferable.

It came down between Kifaru or Mystery Ranch. I went with a MR called “The Mule”. This pack has the upgraded frame instead of the “Nice” frame. Main difference is a little smaller footprint and better ability to snug up a heavy load to the frame and my back then the older frame.

I did order up a couple of “belt pockets” that slide on each side of the waist straps for access to noc and scope wipes, etc.

Only thing it lacks that I wish it had is a “hoist handle” to grab to help lift it up and on to my shoulders.

I got lucky and found this pack on eBay used but as new for a good price...Next fur season will tell me it’s truth if it works for me.

This has been a helpful thread. Gave me a lot of information on some really good packs and haulers to read about...Thanks! 😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”