I guess you are asking my history. So here it is. I was born and raised in Connecticut. My parents divorced when I was in sixth grade. My dad moved to Alaska, so I spent my summers in Southeast Alaska. This is were I got my handle for here on the Fire. Montana Creek is a creek I grew up on fishing and duck hunting. There are some better places to hunt and fish but being a kid I could walk or ride my bike easily to Montana Creek. I have a lot of very fond memories there. I actually spent more time with my uncle while in AK than my father. Did a bunch of commercial fishing and running the Taku River with my uncle. Anyways seven days after graduation I shipped off to Marine Corps Boot Camp. At that point I vowed never to return to CT. However family and jobs prevented that from happening. While stationed in Kaneohe Bay Hawaii I met my best friend, he was from Montana. After the Corps I wanted to move to MT but just couldn't make the money I wanted to make. So I chased Helicopters all over the world making the almighty dollar. In 2004 to 2005 I was working in Al Asad Iraq as a contractor. My grandmother was slowly declining in health, so after my year contract I came back to America and spent her last days with her up in Alaska. While I was with her she asked me to promise her I would get the hell out of CT. So I promised her I would as soon as I could. After she died I returned to contracting in Iraq. I worked in Balad for about 2-1/2 years supporting the Med Team there. I saved a bunch of money and starting looking for a place in MT. Originally I wanted to live in Bozeman but lucky for me I had a chitty realtor. My buddy here in the Bitterroot said move here. I said I would give it a look. He hooked me up with a good realtor and I bought a place here. But I was still chasing Helicopters around the world. As I still am now, but now I have a 90 on, 90 off gig. So I finally in January 2019 officially moved here. Yes I live close to the most liberal town in MT Missoula. I am close enough to get some city life when and if I want it, but far enough away that I am in a very conservative area. So anyways a lot of my things are still in CT. The plan is to get my father out here by the end of the summer. He will spend his final years on earth here. This is the cliff notes version.

I suggest if you are serious make a plan. Save as much as you can. Then make the move as soon as you can. I wish I was here before my buddy had his TV show. Now I don't get to spend as much time with him as I would like. But he has a great thing going and I support him in every way I can. Like dog sitting while he gets to go to SHOT Show!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.