Huge fan of my Anova for game meat and chicken going on the barbecue. I've found it an extra, ineffective step in beef and sacrilege on pork.

Game meat: Despite the leanness of game meat, I (like many) find the flavor provided by what little fat there is as undesirable, I trim off every bit of it (along with silver skin). That makes a meat that is prone to dry out. My Sous Vide prevents that. An hour in the Sous VIde at the target temp and then it goes into an ice bath for 10 minutes. Right before serving, I open the bag, flash fry it (super hot pan for 45 seconds each side) or flame sear and serve. Charred on the outside red AND COOKED TO PERFECT TEMP on inside. I won't do my duck or deer any other way!

Barbecue chicken: Same concept, but no risk of drying it out. I Sous Vide the chicken for 1.25 hours before removing it from the bag, coating with sauce and slapping it on the grill until its good and charred.

Whatever you do, don't eat it right out of the Sous Vide. It won't be dry (quite the opposite), but it'll feel like boiled meat on your palate. Yuck!

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates