Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by warpig602
Myself if price was not a factor i want a Nightforce scope on all my rifles ,.

First time I've ever heard that. I like Nightofrce as much as th next guy but if price wasn't a factor, I could do better....especially on a hunting rig.

good for you ! when i go to 1000 yard benchrest matches and 600 yard FTR matches 90 % or better of the scopes are always Nightforce scopes so i would think that would give most good game rifle hunters a reason to use this scope ,if they can afford this great scope ?

1000 and 600 yards in lowlight?

>>yes its another reason to buy a Nightforce scope ,think about it ?
" i own at least 20 leupold scopes all are good scopes but are not as good a scope as a Nightforce scope and i own 8 Nightforce scopes."

Provincial, pontificating pete - yet another thread where your ruminations have zero relevance. The OP in this case clearly defined a $500 budget - you and hanco related, per chance?

Dogger, like others above, I'm also curious about the want for the 30mm tube.
For my eyes, the Meopta, Conquest and VX3i in same/similar configurations are all pretty much the same in clarity and "brightness".
What will likely stand out more to you more in waning light is the etched reticle in the Meopta and Conquest.

In the durability/reliability department, depending on who you're talking to you'll get conflicting reports - it's all a crapshoot, really. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D