I'm 66 with baby cataracts and glaucoma may be knocking at the door. I purchased a Meopta meostar 3-10X50 with a #4 reticle. The scope would be nice for bracketing deer in low light but I like a thicker center reticle. I did take a nice 8pt with the scope in good light. I've found that for me, I like scopes with thicker reticles. Most deer I take are within 100 yards and need to be shot fast. Thicker reticles are also better if you wear bifocals when you hunt or need to make a off hand shot quickly. I compared the Meostar 3-10X50 to its replacement, the Nightforce 3-10X42 forceplex, in low light. My eyes could not tell the difference in brightness. The thicker center reticle of the Nightforce could be seen sooner than the Meostar center, even without turning on illumination. I bought the Nightforce for my Fieldcraft, however you certainly don't need to spend that much for a scope for low light. My meat getting muzzle loader wears a 10 year old, $175.00 Bushnell. I would call Doug at cameraland.

Last edited by midtenn; 02/23/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla