I’ll get you some pics of each tonight. The 240 and Kelvin Active are quite different. The KA is a rather thin, yet puffy jacket. If you hold it up to light you can see through it. The 240 is a thin, dense material. The 240 blocks wind better. The KA moves moisture better and has a DWR finish. Which is warmer? Good question. The KA has some loft, but it breathes so well it doesn’t block wind. The 240 blocks wind, but has no loft to speak of. If temps aren’t going to be too cold, I’ve found the KA over the 240 works well.

Edit: I wear the 240 as a shirt over my silk weight or Aerowool base layer. I also wear it over a t-shirt around the house a lot. Very comfy! My layering starts there (for Oct/Nov Rockies at 10k). I’ll add insulation, rain protection, etc., on top of that. The Kelvin Active would be used if I need a little more insulation and expect lots of strenuous climbs, fast hiking of some distance, or whatever may work up a sweat. Probably the best use case for the KA is mild conditions, with some good climbing/hiking and worn directly over a base layer. It’s hard to pinpoint a suitable temp because the wind will really change how you feel. With the 240 the wind doesn’t impact how I feel nearly as much. The 240 is a great shirt for any season, the KA is a great jacket for Aug/Sept mountain hunting. I don’t see any utility for the KA as it gets colder. That’s how I see it.

Last edited by prm; 02/22/19.