Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Elk are notorious for taking a fatal hit without flinching or any sign of being hit.

More often than not, in my experience. That’s why, if they’re still standing, I’m still shooting.

I shot a 4x4 a few years ago, about 100 yards, tight behind the shoulder, no bone. .300 Wby Mag, 180 Partition, factory ammo. He was looking at me when I shot him. All he did was turn his head and start walking away. I hit him again and he kept walking, then tipped over while I was squeezing the third shot.

Common.

P

About 10 or 12 years ago,I shot a small walking bull, broadside, at about 50 yards ( with my .375 AI). Absolutely no response to the shot, other than walk faster. He went about 15 yards, and tipped over. At the shot, my first thought was, “holy crap I missed”! memtb

Two of my faster DRT kills came via a 140 Partition from a 7mm-08. One went down so fast I thought I had missed and he had run off. The second took a step forward, a step back, then fell over.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001